1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - NW-HD5 Package size (buy from USA to other country)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by carlos_101, Aug 2, 2005.

1. carlos_101

carlos_101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to everybody!

I need a little help, mainly from owners of Sony NW-HD5. I live in Chile (south america) and as you can imagine, the NW-HD5 has no plans to arrive. Therefore the only options are HD3 (without units in markets, due to "low prices", US$ 350 aprox... I'm not kidding with the price) and the Ipods (of course, and more expensive than Sony's mp3 players).

Well, as I'm a little obstinate with some things, I WANT a Sony and find the new HD5 in a advisable price, US$300 (Amazon)... the problem: to import this player to Chile, I have to pay for the service of "international mail" (or something like that), and for calculate a approximated price, I have to give all the information relative to: width, height, weight, etc. of package (yes, the size of the box of the HD5).

Some caritative soul can give me this information???

Then, the information needed is:
    * length (inches or centimeters)
    * width (inches or centimeters)
    * height (inches or centimeters)
    * weight (in grams, oz or what you want)

This information is about the package (box) of the NW-HD5, and in the weight with all the stuff inside (unit, cd, user reference, etc, etc).

I can take this information from amazon, but the same product have 2 differents informations (between the red, black and silver units).

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Greetings from Chile,
    Carlos

2. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    * length (inches or centimeters)

9.5" / 24cm

* width (inches or centimeters)

5.5" / 14cm

* height (inches or centimeters)

2.75" / 7cm

* weight (in grams, oz or what you want)

I am afraid I cannot be specific on weight as it is too light to register on my bathroom scales.

Considering that the unit is 135g itself, I would estimate up to 250g with the packaging.

Please remember though that the above are the dimensions of the retail box without any additional protective packaging used for shipping.

My suggestion would be that you contact the company you are purchasing from and ask them to supply the dimensions and weight of the whole consignment including all postage packaging.

I would also suggest that you purchase an NW-HD5H (if you can find one from a US importer / exporter) as there is a strong possibility you will have an issue with cracking buttons should you go for an NW-HD5.

Anyway hope this helps - Good Luck.

3. carlos_101

carlos_101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help KeanosMagicHat! :smashin:

And following your advice, I wrote to Amazon for help about the package size, I hope someday they answer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Greetings from Chile
    Carlos

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Hey Carlos,

Amazon US say that they won't ship this player out of the US. If you're having trouble getting ahold of an HD5, just send me a Private Message - I'd be up for forwarding the package onto you provided you'd pay the international shipping fee.

It's unusual for me to offer this, but I've recently been trying to import an LCD TV from America and have found that nowhere will ship it to me, so I know how frustrating this can be.