Help - Nvidia Control Panel won't open

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Mikeybloo, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Mikeybloo

Mikeybloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Really need your help guys - Have just installed the new Nvidia 163.69 XP beta drivers for my 7800GTX and I can't open the nvidia control panel. Have trawled the net and other forums and the advice has been to use a driver cleaner to get rid of any old stuff (which i have using driver cleaner pro and driver sweeper), redownload the drivers (which i have) and reinstall. Nothing has worked, the drivers install OK but control panel won't open. Have even tried using the last WHQL drivers 162.50 but no panel opening there either.

Anyone got any ideas? Could there be something in the registry that isn't being removed? I'm no good on reg stuff so pls keep any advice at noob level/

2. Pincho Paxton

Pincho Paxton
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +635
    Well, if you have tried everything, you'll have to use an older driver. That's the only option left.

3. Johnew

Johnew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Mikeybloo. Find Clear space on Desktop. Right mouse click on desktop, to open menu. You should see "Nvidia Display" on the menu. Go down to it and select it. it will show a submenu(mine's is the name of my monitor). left click mouse on that and it brings up the Nvidia panel. The control panel then gives an option of selecting "Additional Properties or "Nvidia Information":lesson:

Johnew

4. Mikeybloo

Mikeybloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks for trying Johnew, but when i right click on desktop, I see NVIDIA Control Panel (not Nvidia Display) and when i click this, nothing happens. Same if I try opening the nvidia systen tray icon - i see various options, including performance and quality settings (in which is only image settings and anistropic settings, no AA settings!). Control panel is an option here but again nothing happens if i click it. The last drivers I can get CP with are 93.71, everyone I install after that don't let me open CP. Weird huh?