1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! NOOBY ALERT. I have a question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by apolloa, Feb 2, 2005.

1. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    Hi, I have just stepped into a bit of AV with the perchase of a Sony KV-28HX15U widescreen telly and DVP-NS355 DVD player. I want to know if I should set the ouput from the DVD player to video or RGB, it's connected to the telly via a monster cable SCART lead. Also has anyone played around with the virtual dolby surround? If so whats the best settings? By the way I am very impressed with some peoples systems pictures, I'm more into PC's so have a very nice and expensive setup with that or though I might get into home cinema yet he he. What I love is how everyone has a games console of some sort in the pictures, must be for the kids eh :smashin: Us men never grow up really.

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Set the dvd player output to rgb.Make sure you use a rgb enabled scart socket(tv)

3. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    Cheers for the reply, is the RGB setting better quality then the VIDEO setting then? :confused:

4. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Video is mainly for component connection.You must have component inputs on your tv to make use of this.It is considered to be better quality than scart.