HELP!! Noise when using my Creative Sound Blaster K3+

Jay2020

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello friends! I need your help! every time that I use my Creative Sound Blaster K3+ (USB port/ Macbook pro 2016) I get this annoying noise. Check out the sample on this youtube video I made:

it doesn't matter if I'm watching youtube or giving a class online on zoom or google meet, I get that sound. Not all the time or in a very very consistent way, but it happens a lot! please HELP! can you identify the root of the problem? how do you call that sound? interference? ground loop? or maybe the problem is the Creative Sound Blaster K3+? HELP! thanks!

Can you give us a better idea what else you have plugged into it and what other USB devices you have plugged into your MBP. Thanks

Can you give us a better idea what else you have plugged into it and what other USB devices you have plugged into your MBP. Thanks

Hello...I only have the K3+ connected to one of the two USB ports available. Nothing more. Sometimes I plug in the charging cable in the second USB port (both USB ports are Type C). I even bought a new USB cable with a "Ferrite bead" but...the sound is still there. I appreciate all help and tips! Thanks!

Lots of Subreddits about this very problem. Creative have been aware of this not only on the K3+ but also on G6 as well. There is no known fix and Creative have refused to respond on the subject.
Are you using it for Mic input or just a playback device?

Lots of Subreddits about this very problem. Creative have been aware of this not only on the K3+ but also on G6 as well. There is no known fix and Creative have refused to respond on the subject.
Are you using it for Mic input or just a playback device?
Hello! I'm using it with my mic (because I teach online) and also for playback. What should i do? try to get a new unit? I know I can't get a refund. I bought it in a store that is permanently closed now.

I would recommend something like a Focusrite Scarlett Solo which are much better and highly recommended.

Agree with above, a simple USB audio interface would be much more appropriate than the SB. Either the Focusrire above or Behringer umc202hd should work without complications.

Yeah, but I already
Agree with above, a simple USB audio interface would be much more appropriate than the SB. Either the Focusrire above or Behringer umc202hd should work without complications.
Yeah, but i already bought this one. I'm looking for solutions. It's too late to consider other options.

I would recommend something like a Focusrite Scarlett Solo which are much better and highly recommended.
Yeah, but i already bought this one. I'm looking for solutions. It's too late to consider other options...

In that case , have a good trawl and search at the various threads and pots in Reddit about this and see if any of the suggestions there help.

I have looked at a lot of posts. This is a known problem particularly with the K3+ It’s been around for over 2 years now and there is, afaik, no known solution. But I am guessing that the OP knows this as I have seen identical posts on Reddit.

Use this one to upgrade firmware, I did it the cracking sound has gone.

‎Creative K3+ Firmware Upgrader

P.S. before I has found this software, I use audio MIDI setup and change the output sampling rate to 96 kHz. It is also useful, but it cannot set it with some software.

I run two k3+ daisey chained and ran into this same problem ..and my solution was adding a thick ground wire and grounding them out to the metal frame that supports my 4 screens. I havent heard the noise now for a week....too where i heard it once a day

I've been living with this issue for some time and thought I'd share what I did to solve it. Grounding didn't help in my case and I'm on PC so could not try the firmware upgrade.

I simply switched to another USB port and the screeching went away. You know how you'd have bunch of USB ports on the back of the PC (red square), I switched it away from the bunched up ones and plugged it into another one sits by itself (arrow). I recall trying to switch ports but that didn't help but it got so bad I tried again.

As simple as that. YMMV especially when it comes to ports but give it a try.

Screenshot_485.jpg

Hi there, just giving this a bump...

I am wondering if the OP (or anyone) has found a resolution to this issue - I have exactly the same issue, and have experienced across different K3+?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom