HELP!! Noise when using my Creative Sound Blaster K3+

Jay2020

Novice Member
Hello friends! I need your help! every time that I use my Creative Sound Blaster K3+ (USB port/ Macbook pro 2016) I get this annoying noise. Check out the sample on this youtube video I made:

it doesn't matter if I'm watching youtube or giving a class online on zoom or google meet, I get that sound. Not all the time or in a very very consistent way, but it happens a lot! please HELP! can you identify the root of the problem? how do you call that sound? interference? ground loop? or maybe the problem is the Creative Sound Blaster K3+? HELP! thanks!

mushii

Distinguished Member
Can you give us a better idea what else you have plugged into it and what other USB devices you have plugged into your MBP. Thanks

Jay2020

Novice Member
Can you give us a better idea what else you have plugged into it and what other USB devices you have plugged into your MBP. Thanks

Hello...I only have the K3+ connected to one of the two USB ports available. Nothing more. Sometimes I plug in the charging cable in the second USB port (both USB ports are Type C). I even bought a new USB cable with a "Ferrite bead" but...the sound is still there. I appreciate all help and tips! Thanks!

mushii

Distinguished Member
Lots of Subreddits about this very problem. Creative have been aware of this not only on the K3+ but also on G6 as well. There is no known fix and Creative have refused to respond on the subject.
Are you using it for Mic input or just a playback device?

Jay2020

Novice Member
Lots of Subreddits about this very problem. Creative have been aware of this not only on the K3+ but also on G6 as well. There is no known fix and Creative have refused to respond on the subject.
Are you using it for Mic input or just a playback device?
Hello! I'm using it with my mic (because I teach online) and also for playback. What should i do? try to get a new unit? I know I can't get a refund. I bought it in a store that is permanently closed now.

mushii

Distinguished Member
I would recommend something like a Focusrite Scarlett Solo which are much better and highly recommended.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Agree with above, a simple USB audio interface would be much more appropriate than the SB. Either the Focusrire above or Behringer umc202hd should work without complications.

Jay2020

Novice Member
Yeah, but I already
Agree with above, a simple USB audio interface would be much more appropriate than the SB. Either the Focusrire above or Behringer umc202hd should work without complications.
Yeah, but i already bought this one. I'm looking for solutions. It's too late to consider other options.

Jay2020

Novice Member
I would recommend something like a Focusrite Scarlett Solo which are much better and highly recommended.
Yeah, but i already bought this one. I'm looking for solutions. It's too late to consider other options...

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
In that case , have a good trawl and search at the various threads and pots in Reddit about this and see if any of the suggestions there help.

mushii

Distinguished Member
I have looked at a lot of posts. This is a known problem particularly with the K3+ It’s been around for over 2 years now and there is, afaik, no known solution. But I am guessing that the OP knows this as I have seen identical posts on Reddit.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom