1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, No Surround Sound

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by manjidude, Aug 31, 2005.

1. manjidude

manjidude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a scart lead for the xbox with the connection for the optical sound lead which should provide surround sound rite?

Well ive connected the optical lead from the scart lead to the optical in on my panasonic home theatre audio system (SCHT05). My xbox is connected to my Sky box which is connected to the DVR/VCR on the panasonic and so i connected the optical out to the DVR/VCR optical input. Ive changed my xbox audio settings to the dolby surround sound and have checkd the settings on the panasonic which confirms that the optical out i have connected it to is the DVR/VCR. Am i rite in saying that the panasonic av reciever should automatically detect a digital sound signal?

I am getting sound but it does not show that a digital input has been detected like when i am using my DVD player via coaxial input.

Am i doing anything wrong? Is the optical lead broken? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. silverswood

silverswood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Check your optical lead I had this problem last month turns out the optic itself had snapped I think, anyway I swapped it for another and it worked fine :thumbsup: (found out from the wife that my daughter had pushed the xbox back in the cupboard) bless her :mad:

3. manjidude

manjidude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was it physically snapped or was it snapped from the inside??