Help, no sound

Dougle

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Pioneer VSX-519V receiver. I have my Asus laptop connected to the HDMI in DVD port on the receiever. From there, the HDMI out to my Epson EX3212 projector. I can get video to the projector and onto the screen. I can't however get sound to my soundbar plugged into the receiver! (red and white RCA jacks) I'm streaming the Tragically Hip this Saturday for a group and need to figure out the sound! HELP! ;-) thanks! BTW there is no sound connection OUT of the projector

Is this an active soundbar? You cannot use an AVR with an active soundbar, they are separate devices to be used as either one or the other.

Ok, thanks
Here's where I am at - I can use the HDMI directly to the projector (from laptop) and get sound (from projector tiny speaker) and video
I can connect laptop to HDMI DVD in on receiver and then from HDMI out to projector and get video
I can't for the life of me get sound out of the receiver, using individual speakers not the soundbar. I assume that there is a setting on the receiver that is screwing me up.....any help?
Thanks

Does the AVR have a radio on it? If so, start by getting the sound to come out from the speakers on the Amp by turning on the radio. Any sound is good, static or a radio station, as that will show you have the amp working and the speakers set up in some way, shape or form.
Once you have done that, move on to making the DVD sound come out from the AVR.
By adding a soundbar in at this stage, you are making it pointlessly more difficult for yourself!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom