1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help !!! No Sound

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Leeray3, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Basically I downloaded Ulead VideoStudio 7 trial version from their website.

I loaded this up and started to use it.
    I put the DVD+RW in the drive and managed to get the program on screen (The bit where you have the option to select scenes and trim them). Anyway I select all the scenes and hit finish.
    When I look at the files now on the screen there is no audio.
    Is this because it's a trial version?
    I have looked at the properties and it says audio is there. I've even mangaed to split the audio track and the video track but still can't hear anything.
    When I look at Capture audio or Capture Video settings (Not sure which) The audio looks present as the box is ticked but it isn't highlighted at all. So I can't actually tick or untick this option.

This DVD workd fine on my PC normally when viewing it on my PC and I haven't had any audio problems so far.

As the PC is new I noticed that one of the drivers for my GEForce FX 5200 does not load properly as it says it is incompatiable with Windows XP Pro and can cause conflicting problems or something like that.
    I have tried this now with it loaded and unloaded and still there is no sound.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I'd appreciate it if you could explain any ideas in the simplist way as I'm not the best with computer talk.

Thanks

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well you confused me a bit Lee

First how did you capture your video - does it have audio before you do any editing or is it not capturing audio ? Then :-

"I put the DVD+RW in the drive and managed to get the program on screen (The bit where you have the option to select scenes and trim them). "

Is this a blank DVD that you intend to burn your video to ?? or a program DVD what connection does it have with getting the programme on screen - which surely is easy anyway from the 'Start >> all progams' options on your computer.

"Anyway I select all the scenes and hit finish.
    When I look at the files now on the screen there is no audio"

What 'Finish' - there is no finish button in UVS7 - and you do not have to select the scenes to burn them you just go to the 'Share' screen and 'create disc' -- how are you 'looking' at the files ??

"Is this because it's a trial version?"

No - The trial version is missing some functions but it most certainly will capture and edit and output audio as well as video

"I've even mangaed to split the audio track and the video track but still can't hear anything."

When you split the audio did an audio file appear in the narration track below it. ??

"This DVD workd fine on my PC normally when viewing it on my PC and I haven't had any audio problems so far."

Are you saying that when you burnt a DVD it had audio on it ????
    - even though you couldn't hear it on your computer when editing

Sorry to ask a lot of questions but hopefully we can narrow the problem down and then find an answer for you .

3. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Beejaycee,

Right I'll explain as best I can.

Firstly, I recorded a program from my cable box directly onto my DVD Recorder (Phillips 880). This was recorded onto a DVD+RW

I then fire up Ulead VideoStudio 7 trial version on my PC.
    I insert the DVD+RW with the program recorded on it into the DVD Rom drive. (When Power DVD loads up and I watch this program the audio is present)

I then click on capture and capture settings.

I then click on Capture video.

Now from here it appears to capture the video and split it into scenes.

I then highlight all the scenes and click finish.

This then loads all the data up into the liberay. When I click on one of the thumbnails it loads up into the previw screen.

I then click play and it does so without any audio what so ever.
    Now I have gone through the settings a number of times and the audio seems to be set correctly.

This may not be relevant.
    When I click on the options panel (in Capture settings) there are three choices.
    1 Capture Video
    2 Video Settings
    3 Audio settings

If I click on 3 the audio settings look correct.
    But if I click Capture video (I think its this one) a little box opens with 3 boxes to tick. The one on the far left says something about captureing audio. This box is ticked but is not highlighted, which means I can't tick this or untick it.

When I click on the Timeline mode I managed to separate the audio track from the video. When I click play for there is no sound even though it apppears to be playing something.
    The audio track is the same duration as the video.

Does this make a bit more sense

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right - I think the the problem is with you original DVD recording - It is very likely that your stand alone recorder has recorded the audio in AC-3 - the one audio format UVS7 cannot handle - it is rumoured that a fix will be available sometime soon but no date has been given.

Don't worry about some of the boxes appearing to be greyed out in UVS7 - this is quite normal - they do become available as you change other settings within the programme.

5. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I do remember when I checked the audio it said AC-3
    Thanks for that. It's saved me from rushing out and buying this.

I'll wait to hear about the upgrade