Help...no sound with Q90R and LG C9

gaz847

Hi, I have just traded in my old LG B6 for a C9. I have got my Sky Q and 4K Fire stick plugged directly into the C9 with the Q90R and tv connected by HDMI ARC. I can’t get the soundbar to output any sound at all. I’ve changed the sound settings on the C9 to HDMI out and tried every connotation of Auto, PCM, Pass Through vs Earc on and off to no avail.

I have tried Sky, Fire stick and internal Netflix......what am I missing?

sagaris99

Hi, I have just traded in my old LG B6 for a C9. I have got my Sky Q and 4K Fire stick plugged directly into the C9 with the Q90R and tv connected by HDMI ARC. I can’t get the soundbar to output any sound at all. I’ve changed the sound settings on the C9 to HDMI out and tried every connotation of Auto, PCM, Pass Through vs Earc on and off to no avail.

I have tried Sky, Fire stick and internal Netflix......what am I missing?
Whats the input setting on the soundbar?

gaz847

I am thinking that I should try plugging the HDMI from the Tv into either HDMI 1 or 2 rather than the Arc HDMI on the bar.

gaz847

Managed to get it working after the third power cycle. Happy to say the soundbar is showing as receiving Dolby Atmos from Sky Q and the internal Netflix app.

Lip sync is out, but I knew that would be the case until the Earc update on the Q90R.

Aryn86

Managed to get it working after the third power cycle. Happy to say the soundbar is showing as receiving Dolby Atmos from Sky Q and the internal Netflix app.

Lip sync is out, but I knew that would be the case until the Earc update on the Q90R.
What is the sync out with? netflix? Sky Q? both?

I have the HW K850 which I use with my C9 (the HW series was the first series of atmos soundbars Samsung did so before the Q series that you have and the N series that came before that) and I have no issues with audio being out of sync. Also I don't think eARC is coming to the Q series of soundbars, Samsung are releasing new bars for this year which will have it and they've been delaying and delaying the supposed release on the Q series bars for months and months so it's probably not going to happen.

I only get audio from ARC if I set LG C9 to eARC. And... Q90 don't have eARC yet but it works for me.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom