help ! no sound through Arcam AVR350 when using internet via plasma - sound only from TV speakers

Ewoody

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions !

Have you connected a digital cable (usually optical) from the TV to your AVR350?

my digital cable is connected .. Sky HD box to AVR350.

You will need to connect the audio from your TV to your AVR 350. Modern models use the HDMI connection with Audio Return Channel, but you will need to provide a separate link.

Most TVs have an optical output, so use this. You may need to keep the optical lead from your Sky box as well to maintain 5.1 audio, but this depends on your TV. Some pass through 5.1 to the optical, some do not.

My plasma is on the wall with cables buried in wall, I don't want a digital cable on show from the plasma (is their another way round this) or will I have to put up with TV sound using internet through my plasma.

Does your tv support bluetooth speakers? My new Samsung does, so possibly you could use a bluetooth receiver with your amp? You may well get lip sync errors however.

yes, but no bluetooth speakers.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
thanks sounddog ..

playing internet content via my plasma tv remote ... will I get sound from my centre/wall speakers with these gadgets.

Last edited:
You should get something in pro-logic mode.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom