1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! No sound output from Pioneer AX10!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jdaunton, Oct 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. jdaunton

jdaunton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a second hand AX10i three months ago and initially had problems setting it up because there was no output from the speakers, just a faint 'popping' sound.

Eventually (after 3 hours of frustrated plugging/unplugging of everything) I tracked it down (I thought) to missing U connectors between the pre-amp outputs and amp inputs. I used a couple of phono-phono leads to bridge the connectors, activated the auto-surround setup (fantastic) and all was well :)

Yesterday, I switched the amp on from standby mode and guess what .... no output!!! Just the faint 'popping' sound again from all the speakers. Whatever I tried did not work. I'm thinking that the missing U connectors was only part of the original problem.

The video switching works fine and the audio (phono/digital) outputs are fine. Just no sound from the speakers. The amp seems to click to indicate that something is switching inside but no output. The volume of the 'popping' sound is constant and not affected by the volume control or mute or anything.

Any ideas would be very welcome. Otherwise I fear an expensive trip to a pioneer repairer :-(

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I don't know your amp, but having to send the pre-outs to the multi-channel in just to get it to work (i think this is what you just explained) is very unusualy and suugest theres an interel problem with the connection between the decoder and the amp section this sounds like a repair job.

3. jdaunton

jdaunton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi thanks for replying

Its simply the PRE-OUT jacks to the POWER-IN jacks. The ones you use if using an external pre-amp or an external power amp instead of the amp itself.

Reading a lot of the threads on here regarding strange behavior/output makes me think it could be a dry solder joint or something.

Unless anyone else has any other ideas or come across something similar.