Help No Sound on S Series Lifebook

messenger

Can anyone help me please? :lease:

I have reloaded win xp sp2 on my Fujitsu Siemens S Series Lifebook Notebook - Model S7020D. Everything went on fine but now i have no sound.

I have looked on Fujitsu Siemens support pages but nowhere can i find any drivers. I have no idea what sound card is in the machine & no idea how to find out hence i have not managed to obtain any sound drivers from elsewhere. Can anyone help please? DO i need to know what MB is in inside to locate the correct sound drivers.

How can i get get sound back on my laptop again, its so boring now it has no sound :rolleyes: :boring:

messenger

No luck at Intel, looked up my chipset but no sound drivers were available for download. Any clues what i cn do now anyone please :)

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
messenger said:
No luck at Intel, looked up my chipset but no sound drivers were available for download. Any clues what i can do now anyone please :)
Did you download and install the Chipset Software Installation Utility? That should at least identify the audio hardware to Windows, and then you might be able to use the driver update wizard to locate and download audio drivers.

Cable Monkey

Novice Member
The Fujitsu site has a notebook section. In the top right there is a driver search icon and just below that a link entitled "get more support". This should then make available an automated driver update function that 'updates all drivers to the latest versions in a few mouse clicks'. Might be worth trying that option.

ps. It is called Desk Update.