Help..no sound from centre channel on certain channels

S

sound

So, I just hooked up my centre speaker to my system, and sound only comes out of it when the channel is HD. When channel is Standard Def, the sound comes out of the left and right only. The Cable box is HDMI. My Receiver is NAD, but older model. Is something not converting here???? Please advise!

Thanks.

So, I just hooked up my centre speaker to my system, and sound only comes out of it when the channel is HD. When channel is Standard Def, the sound comes out of the left and right only. The Cable box is HDMI. My Receiver is NAD, but older model. Is something not converting here???? Please advise!

Thanks.

Both Cable and Sky will only send 5.1 audio over optical/coax out. you will only get stereo if you use HDMI. Your amp is then probably processing this into a 5.1 type output (dolby PL2 etc..)

I suspect the reason you are getting audio through the front on HD channels is because HD channels will output in DD (and often DD 2.0)

Connect your receiver/amp to you cable box with an optical or digital coax and change the audio out settings on your cable box

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom