1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: no RGB input working on my toshiba 42" plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bentley, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Bentley

Bentley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for advice. I have a tosh 42wp27 which has the add on board for composite, s-vhs and rgb/component inputs.

however the composite and s-vhs work fine nut the RGB input will not work when fed from any source Sky+, Panny DVD etc

I have tried 2 leads including a QED Sqart lead which are known good but to no availe

is it worth removing and replacing the add on card? o am I simply mssing something?

Many thanks

2. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How is it not working? Can you switch to RGB mode but just not see any picture, or can you not switch at all or do you just get wierd signal/colours?

One thing to check is that the RGB inputs support two methods of connection and it's worth checking in the menus that you have it set to the one your are attempting to connect.

3. Bentley

Bentley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :p Thanks for the prompt answer
    i just get a black screen i have tried both sync modes to no avail

I think maybe a remove and refit of the terminal card is called for

4. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you checked the actual signal type setup - on my Panny you can set it to "RGB" or "Component" - as well as altering the sync option.

I'm sure you have checked this but thought I would mention just in case... Dunno how Sky+ works but you have to specifically set most DVD players to output a component signal they don't usually by default.

Dunno what else to suggest apart from what you have already said about re-fitting the card.