1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help newbie to make a choice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by zheka, Jun 10, 2004.

1. zheka

zheka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic S35 dvd player and Panasonic HE75 av receiver. And I would like to get a budget 5.0 sound (about $350-$400). I think Eltax is good at this price range. And i would like to hear your opinions about Eltax 5.0 packs. I'll use it 50% of the time for music listenning(in stereo mode), 50% - for movie watching(5.0 mode). Is it good for music listening ? Does it need a sub or front speakers are enough for bass (My music preference - electronic music such as techno, trance and drum'n'bass) ?

Is there any alternatives to Eltax at this price range ?

Or would it be better now to buy a pair of good floorstanders like Athena AS-F1 speakers for that money instead of 5.0 pack and get the rest speakers later ?

I'm asking it because i have a very limited budget about $350 ($400 max).

thanks in advance !!

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Prices in England are not necessarily the same as elsewhere. Eltax are very good value for money here but may not be so good elsewhere. The front speakers will probably handle the bass that you want from your music as most CD's don't go down that deep but most films can benefit from having a subwoofer if you like action films played loudly