Help, new tv asap

happylad

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Samsung TV of 14 years is broken due to my son who hit the screen with wooden hammer hard and screen went blank, model is samsung 40" LE40N87BDX/XEU.

I would like to go bigger to 50", maybe 55", it needs to be smart android TV, I have humax PVR and amazon fire HDMI (old version), is there any TV out there with built in PVR.

Finally, where is the best place to buy it from.

Many thanks for your suggestions as I am out of date with the latest tech.

Buying Guide here. Do you view head on or at an angle?

Budget?
Retailer...John Lewis or Richer Sounds for nationals.
Think you’ll need to stick with your PVR

Budget £800, happy to buy from John Lewis or richer sounds, richer sounds only 20 mins drive away

this is a pretty high end tv with good HDR

Maybe check the owner feedback as I think motion blur can be an issue for some

it needs to be smart android TV
If you are wanting an Android TV you need to look at Sony XH80/XH83 series or Philips 8 series and above. TCL also do cheaper Android TVs if you are buying at the bottom end of the market. All of these models have their places in the guide.

Some TVs have dual tuners and PVR functionality, but dual tuners are reserved usually for higher end models. Its best to continue to use a dedicated device anyway, since even on those expensive TVs, the usability isn't great.

Cheapest avenue for PVR support, twin tuner and Android is the Sony XH85/XH91 series, if shopping less than 55" be sure to check with Sony first for twin tuner comparability, because sometimes their smaller TVs have worse specifications than the larger ones.

Many thanks for all the advice here, I contacted richer sounds and they recommended the Phillips so bought it, I was shocked on how good the picture quality is compared to my old one.

I am very happy with it

ok
Sorry
Still miss it
This is why the OP needed a new TV...

My Samsung TV of 14 years is broken due to my son who hit the screen with wooden hammer hard and screen went blank, model is samsung 40" LE40N87BDX/XEU.

Hence the remove wooden hammers comment

Finally

I Got it
Haha!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom