Help - New Speaker package for Audio & Home Cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mwhorley, Nov 7, 2001.

1. mwhorley

mwhorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm about to replace my mini system with separates and am wondering what speakers to go for (front, rear & centre). My Budget is only £200 but I believe there are some good bargains out there especially for end of line kit. I've read several reviews and believe Mission 701's on offer at £69.95 at Richer Sounds are probably the best value for my fronts. I was going to add the Mission 70C1 (£50) as my centre but the bloke at Richer claimed it was only average and that better centre's were available for the same price ie Celestion DC12. As for my rears i'd consider Mission 700's (£50) but they are bigger than i'd hoped for rears.

I'd love to hear the views of others out there especially on whether the 70C1 is crap and what are the alternatives. Any advice on the rears would be a great help. Unless there are strong reasons against i'll probably stick with the 701's at the front.

Thanks for your advice
    Mike.

2. mike greenslade

mike greenslade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ask RICHER SOUNDS if they can demo the speakers you are interested-in. I'm sure they will,if you make an appointment. At the end of the Day its only you can decide, and your Budget.
    You can always Upgrade later. I'll guarantee all us readers have started Upgraded.

'" May The Force Be With You'"

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You dont have to go with misson at all check out some of Richers sounds sub £200 speaker packages

4. ZZR

ZZR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arc Acoustics do the the Sonare 5.1 for £230. It's based on NXT technology and has had a few good reviews. See link below

[​IMG]