HELP - New projector needed must be small and light

eddievick

Standard Member
Reaction score
OK here is the script, need a small lightweight projector as the crappy plasterboard walls and ceilings in my flat won't hold anything particularly heavy.

Requirements are pretty simple:
DLP, 16:9 native screen, preferably scart (but not completely neccesary) as small as possible, and quiet as a mouse!!
Budget £1500

I've seen the Toshiba TDP P6 but it looks more like a business projector rather than a home cinema machine, anyone got one, know what they are like
:thumbsup:

I've got an NEC HT1000 which is portable and is xga but dual purpose 4:3 or 16:9. I only ever used it in 16:9 mode. It accepts a scart input as well as dvi, vga, composite, component and s-video. It has 3d reform which allows you to shoot an image at an angle or off to the side and correct it back to square.

It has a carry handle and a bag for moving it around - weighs around 7 pounds. Here's a link to the ad':

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182777

Gary.

I had the NEC HT1000 on a shelf fixed to blasterboard in my flat. No problems. Light machine with an exceptional picture too.

In essence you can tell that this is a quality machine on looks and build alone.

The price quoted in the advert is a steal :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cap :)

Just found a pic in my docs as evidence. Excuse the paint job as was half way through it!!

So much power in such a small machine :cool:

Cap :)

Hi Joe,

How is an 854 x 480 pj 'PAL Optimised'? I would have assumed that was more NTSC optimised.

Just curious

Gary.

Hello both

Should have said 'Optimised for Europe' - a few folk have made reference to the H31/H30A and its worth noting they are different beasts.

The H30A is only available in the European market - and is supplied with a SCART adapter and I'm told has been tweaked for use with RGB sources; I'll try and get more info.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom