help - new lcd tv picture problems..

denpot

Standard Member
Hi

I've just bought a Philips 37 inch PF9631 lcd after plenty of visits to the shops comparing lcd tv's via standard def but the picture quality is not good, I think the correct terminology is ghosting? the pixels around an image sometimes seem to struggle to keep up, i'm using the tv's own digital freeview which has a good signal but i'm not sure if its the tv or maybe i've not set it up correctly? any ideas or advice please..

Cheers.

Steve.

Steve1951

Hi
Have you tried another input ie DVD is it the same?

Are you sure the digital signal is ok .......did you have digital before?

Steve

denpot

Standard Member
Hi Steve.

Thanks for the reply, the picture still struggles on standard dvd! maybe i should link up the old digibox and try that? i did a fair bit of research checking different sets in all the shops and the Philips looked best on SD..

Steve1951

Hi Again
I am not as technical as some of the people on here but my own experience is that LCD is much less forgiving than CRT.

Example if your scart DVD lead is cheap it may have been ok with your old kit but not with the new.

If your aerial on your old set up was ok it may not be good enough for the new.

If you read other threads you will see that people use HDMI inputs and lots of people use Sky + and all sorts of other high quality inputs.

Also it can be necessary to "tweak" the settings to what I would consider an amazing amount before you obtain quality picture.

This is pretty low tech advice but its the best I can do....you will more tecnical advice from others.

Regards

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom