1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help :( new jvc 32d40 geometery

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cypher007, Jan 14, 2005.

1. cypher007

cypher007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    is there a service menu to setup the geometery cause ive got convergence probs and at the top of the screen the picture bends at either end inwards slightly.

2. cypher007

cypher007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    jl have said they will send someone out to have a look, and if its adjustable adjust it. my question is this, if i get another set is it lickely to be better or worse, could i have a friday special? ill post some picks for you to look at in a mo.

3. L00py^

L00py^
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would recommend getting the engineer to try and sort out the geometery and convergence problems first, then swap if you still not happy. As you could end up with a worst set 2nd time around.

4. cypher007

cypher007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    this was taken and scaled down from a 3m/pixel shot from my pany 3ccd camcorder. the tv is running 1080i from the component inputs connected to my xcard, which is outputting 1080i from a pal dvd test card. unfortunately the test card is not a 16:9, otherwise the convergence would probably look even worse towards the outer edge. you can also see the slight trumpeting the picture does towards the right side of the screen, and the pin-cusion probs. please do not veiw the actual quality as this will be degraded in transfer to the cameras ccd.

Attached Files:

5. cypher007

cypher007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    bad or really bad?