Help New Ipod Or Pda???

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by martin day, Nov 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I thought I was ready to go and buy a PDA (tungstenE2 possibly) primarily as an organiser/holder of all the bloody passwords I have to remember for the different systems at work or forums I belong to and then to use it as a MP3 player.

Then someone suggested I get an IPOD because this would be better for music and also has a organiser section etc.

How does this work on the IPOD. As far as I can see you sync it to your PC and download the info from your PC's data? But then all you can do is look at it right? whereas with a PDA I guess it's 2 way and you can actually add to the PDA and then back-up to your PC?

Anyone with advice greatly appreciated!!

2. MartinH32

MartinH32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Get a PDA. I have an Ipaq 2210 and use it as an MP3 player, sat nav and organiser. You need to download Activesync on Windows and that will keep everything up to date when you attached the PDA. I use Conduits Pocketplayer as an mp3 player on the PDA.

:D

3. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Martin (great name by the way !!). I was hoping you'd say that. Are the Palms any good or would a PC based one be better? I don't want to spend loads as I'm only really going to use it as an organiser/mp3. If i need to take work home I just email files to my home pc then send them back again!

4. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,401
    I have a PDA and an Ipod video and since i got the ipod the pda hasn't been used except for sat nav.

An ipod is a much much better mp3 player than a pda and will also allow you to view the information you need at work etc through the organiser section.

5. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    iPod is great for music, but I couldn't live without my Palms, one for sat nav the other my diary etc.
    As far as I am aware you can't enter data onto the iPod, only read what you have synched. Not much use if you are out in the field and need to make a diary entry, phone number etc.

6. MartinH32

MartinH32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Having listened to various mp3 players (I own a Sony HD5), if you get a good pair of earphones (Px100 for example) the IPAQ sounds every bit as good and lets you customise the sound. Only downside is the amount of memory it contains. I would stick with a pocket PC rather than a Palm just because of the amount of software available for it. Have a look at www.totalpda.com

cheers
    Martin