1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help,new hi fi system

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by tolmie, Jun 16, 2005.

1. tolmie

tolmie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi everyone, im looking to upgrade my hi-fi system and was wondering what you would recommend. I presently have Monitors B2's,Yamaha AX396 and marantz cd5400 with van den hul the name cable. I want to spend round about £400 on an amp, i was thinking along the lines of arcam A65 or musical fidelity x-80. The thing is i want to see a real difference from the amp im using. The cd player im looking to spend about the same, now i've noticed that MF's cheapest cd player is £800 so thats a problem. I dont plan on changing my speakers just now. Other amps i'm thinking about are Rotel A03, Cyrus 6 which is a bit more expensive. Your thoughts would be great.

Scott

2. OneDesi

OneDesi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    Scott

Just thinking but are you insistent on buying brand new as for around £400 ish you can pick up the X150 on ebay (I've heard the X-series is going to be discontinued shortly - dont know if its true) and probably get the Xray V3 for £600ish.

You can get the older MF stuff even cheaper and that does sound quite good too!

3. tolmie

tolmie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Cheers, I went into my local Sevenoaks and the guy was saying that the mf x-80 will be discontinued and i just cant afford the x-150, I would rather get it from a shop if I was spending that sort of money. When I was in the shop i decided to go for the Roksan Kandy, just need to save a bit more money up now, what you think about the Roksan Kandy.

Thanks

4. virtualpt

virtualpt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. OneDesi

OneDesi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    I think the Kandy is a fine amp and you probably got a good price on it - well done, just sit back and enjoy. IF you have a look at the Sevenoaks webiste you can get the matching CD player for under £500! IF you need any Van Den Hul interconnects let me know as I'm going to sell mine shortly!