help,new hi fi system

tolmie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im looking to upgrade my hi-fi system and was wondering what you would recommend. I presently have Monitors B2's,Yamaha AX396 and marantz cd5400 with van den hul the name cable. I want to spend round about £400 on an amp, i was thinking along the lines of arcam A65 or musical fidelity x-80. The thing is i want to see a real difference from the amp im using. The cd player im looking to spend about the same, now i've noticed that MF's cheapest cd player is £800 so thats a problem. I dont plan on changing my speakers just now. Other amps i'm thinking about are Rotel A03, Cyrus 6 which is a bit more expensive. Your thoughts would be great.

Scott

Scott

Just thinking but are you insistent on buying brand new as for around £400 ish you can pick up the X150 on ebay (I've heard the X-series is going to be discontinued shortly - dont know if its true) and probably get the Xray V3 for £600ish.

You can get the older MF stuff even cheaper and that does sound quite good too!

Cheers, I went into my local Sevenoaks and the guy was saying that the mf x-80 will be discontinued and i just cant afford the x-150, I would rather get it from a shop if I was spending that sort of money. When I was in the shop i decided to go for the Roksan Kandy, just need to save a bit more money up now, what you think about the Roksan Kandy.

Thanks

tolmie said:
what you think about the Roksan Kandy.

Thanks

I think the Kandy is a fine amp and you probably got a good price on it - well done, just sit back and enjoy. IF you have a look at the Sevenoaks webiste you can get the matching CD player for under £500! IF you need any Van Den Hul interconnects let me know as I'm going to sell mine shortly!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom