Help new 32"

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by eno, Jul 30, 2002.

1. eno

eno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I will soon go out and buy a 32" television,but i get more and more confused and dont know what to buy.I do have some tvs in my mind: Philips 9617
    Sony FQ 75(or the new is it FQ80 ? )
    loewe

Could you please let me know what you think or have some other suggestions.

Klaus

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think that the general feeling with the Sony FQ range is avoid unless you're really brave... if you get a good set then you will be happy... it's probably better to narrow your choices down to the Loewe and Philips. You'll find supporters of both these sets here. All I can say is I'm very happy with my Philips and I do consider myself to be quite fussy when it comes to quality. (I bought and returned 7 computer monitors before I as happy!) I have never owned a Loewe, but I have seen some and they look very good. But in my opinion, with Loewe, you are paying extra for the styling and brand image.

It is best to have a demo of both sets in your local shop. Play with the settings, take a favourite DVD and just buy the one you like most. Oh and use a service like Pricerunner to find the best price

3. eno

eno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just ordered the philips 9617 after have seen it and tested up against the Sony fq 75 i will say it is just so much better in all exept for design,so im looking forward to get my 9617.

Klaus

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Nice one! Hope it works out for you Klaus. ;)

5. Reefman

Reefman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My 32pw 9617 Philips is excellent and one of the best buys I've ever made - wow superb picture and sound quality

6. mkjustuk

mkjustuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I would say that if your budget can handle it, go for a Loewe Vitros or Aconda. Yes, you are paying extra for the brand of Loewe, but it is not purely for the name, they take other peoples tubes (Tosh and Philips) and make fantastic TVs out of them.

A shrewd deal on a Vitros needn't cost much more than the bland brands offerings.