Help! Network Media Streaming Problems.

Tricky-Ricky

This is driving me nuts!
OK the story is, old laptop died so bought another, all media streaming worked fine, both from windows media player and Tversity, also the laptop itself was visible to my DLNA TV PS3 etc.

Now with the new laptop all media sharing is enabled and configured just the same as the old, including Tversity, yet the only media visible is the Tversity, and the TV wont recognise the format and reports it cant play it, but it was fine with the previous laptop, can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

The old laptop specs are Athlon X2 with 2 gig RAM cant remember the processor speed but it wasn't that slow, running win 7 upgrade from Vista 32 bit.
New, i3 core 2310 sandy bridge, 2.1 mhz running win 7 home 64 bit, i have already been banging my head wondering why my CCTV DVR web address couldn't run the script, only to discover that 64 bit wont do it! yet the 32 bit browser will!
So i am wondering what else the 64 bit system has in store, and could the streaming problem be due to this? all other settings are just the same way as before when all was working on the old laptop.

themediaman

maybe a firewall issue, either windows or any third party stuff installed.......

Tricky-Ricky

Everything including firewall and AVG configured to let local network sharing take place, i can now get the TV to see the Tversity, but it wont play the files, which it will from a HDD or my Stora, so that has got to be a problem with the Tversity software, however i still cant seem to get my laptop or WMP visible.

Tricky-Ricky

Just to reiterate, all settings for media streaming are enabled, and so is the firewall configuration, which is why i am tearing my hair out.

themediaman

Could I recommend going to the PS3 Media and Streaming threads, there are some experts there who can give you more ideas as to why the PS3 might not be seeing the servers.....

Tricky-Ricky

Thanks, but maybe i should have stated that my PS3 has no problem playing back films via Tversity on my laptop, its just a laptop to TV problem.

themediaman

Thanks, but maybe i should have stated that my PS3 has no problem playing back films via Tversity on my laptop, its just a laptop to TV problem.

When you say Laptop to TV, you do mean Laptop > PS3 > TV......?

Tricky-Ricky

Perhaps i should state my whole setup, which is Sky Netgear router, and hard wired to this are, CCTV/DVR, Netgear stora, and a 8 way switch, which has my Samsung TV, PS3, sky HD box hard wired to the switch.
The laptop is wireless connected to the router, the TV has no problems with playback via the PS3 (which can also playback from Tversity and stora with no problems) but although the router can see and communicate with the Tversity, it can't play back any files, so i guess it must be down to the Tversity software, also the router cannot see the WMP.

themediaman

tricky one then...........uninstall tversity and then reinstall, or even better in my opinion, install ps3media server.........much better for transcoding etc......

as far as WMP is concerned thats a pain too, maybe a factory reset of the laptop, but its only new so dont kno what good that would do..........

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom