• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help : Network bridge for Xbox

simuk84

Established Member
Now then,

I have my Xbox connected via crossover cable to my desktop PC which then uses a wireless lan to connect to my router/modem. I can access xbox live if I simply enable internet connection sharing on the wlan but the xbox indicates a strict NAT (attempts to forward the correct ports to my PC haven't fixed this) so now I'm trying to bridge the wlan and lan in an attempt to let my router see the xbox directly so that I can forward the ports straight to it. The problem is whenever I enable the bridge my wlan disconnects and won't reconnect until I remove the bridge. If I manually assign the ip settings of the bridge, the wlan appears to reconnect but I have no access to the internet and I can't even access the router configuration page. No matter what I try I just can't seem to get the bridge working properly.

Can anyone shed any light?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom