Help needed!!

K

kc64400

Help i've just bought a 42" panasonic plasma tv which doesn't come with speakers, tuner, etc....
and i need to know what i would need to connect it to ntl, dvd and video etc as well as advice on if i would need an amp as well

please help!!

cheers

hi if you give us a little more info i`m sure someone will put you in right dirrection

what ntl box? digital
what dvd player? does it have component outputs?
do you have any speakers or amp at moment?
are you planning on connecting a computer?
what video?svhs or vhs

if you have a little search round the plasma threads you will find lots of info on this subject.

here is my setup

toshiba plasma/panasonic clone

ntl digital > rgb to vga box> vga imput on plasma www.rgbtosvideo.com
philips 962 dvd player > component imputs on plasma
dont have a video but if i did i would connect it to the composite imput on plasma

all my audio go to a amp

hope this helps

Ok well i dont yet have a amp or seperate speakers
yet but i have a panasonic dvd player which has scart and rgb output and possible s video?
the vid is also panasonic and is a s-vhs and i will be connecting the pc to the plasma at some point.
how do you connect ntl to amp after you use that rgb to vga convert??

Did you really just spend thousands of pounds on a plazy
without doing any installtion research ?

Brave...

my ntl box has audio outputs but if yours dont i suppose a scart with audio breakout would do the trick .

you said you have no amp if thats the case and budget(wife) will allow go for a denon 3803 with component imputs and out,
s.video up conversion to component. will allow you to have less cables to screen. go for a rgb to component instead of vga that will allow you to keap the vga for computer use.

as for speakers if i had the cash i think some gallo micro or the bigger ones , cant remember name , see power buy threads

and maybe a little research and demoing before purchase of all goods

:D :D :D

ha,ha,ha thnaxs for the replies and digs guys!!!
well just to clear it up it was my rather slow witted house mate who has far to much money than sense who bought the plasma b4 doing the research!!
which is what my job is now to do!!!
so summary
ntl rgb to component > plasma (as well as connect to amp)
vhs > composite to plasma
dvd s video to plasma
and all audio through an amp

does that sound as though it would work???

if you can go for the denon 3803 you can connect your ntl/ dvd/ video and all audio have them switch at same time and it has a lip sync adjust.

Now......when you say have them switch at the same time you mean what??? (dum blond type going on again!)

Also does the above wiring sound as though it will work??

k

(by the way thnxs for replying)

right when you change the imput on the plasma ie goes from s-video > rgb> component> pc> that will change the source from ntl > video> dvd> pc . there just examples. that will change the picture as the audio is not attached to the plasma in anyway you will need if just using any amp to switch that over in same way ie from ntl > dvd> video >pc .

but the denon3803 as all audio and picture sorces pass through it will do it in one press of button

i sound like a denon sales person.

ps maybe if you tell us your budget for amp / speakers / dont forget good cables are expensive / rgb converter

some one can maybe answer bettter than me

ha,ha yes you do, sorry to keep asking but does that mean my wiring as above would work???
or would i have to change it to implement the denon??

k

Also i've been looking around at amps and i dont think i can afford the 3803 denon as £300 on a amp is my limit i think so
i was looking at the pioneer VSX-C550-S but once again im not to hot on inputs and outputs so i dont know if it'll do the job???

k

a denon 3803 would be nice but i cant afford one yet either. your wiring looks fine to get good quality scarts and component leads.

do you know what series model your panny is as some of the earlier ones you could not use the s-video and composite at same time( you couls only plug in to one or the other) but fixed on later models

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom