1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by L.SKYWALKER, May 30, 2003.

1. L.SKYWALKER

L.SKYWALKER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I've got a Panasonic tx-42pt10 tv and when I switched it on the other night I noticed what can only be decribed as "pink patches"on the left and right side.At first I thought it was feed back from the speakers(B&W 603) so I moved them away over night , but it made no difference.I then unplugged everything Dvd,amp etc, but it's still there.Phoned Sound and Vision and asked for advice and they told me it sounded like magnetic fields have entered the set and may need a sweep to disperse the problem.However they want £70 call out before doing any work.Is there anything I can do to sort it out any thoughts?:(

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you tried unplugging the set from the mains for 30 mins then plugging it back in?? It should not be caused by magnetic fields coz RP sets apparently dont suffer from those problems!!

shaun

3. L.SKYWALKER

L.SKYWALKER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    It's unplugged now I'II start the tv tonight after work.So you don't think its magnetic fields?Any ideas what it can be.They move around and somtimes disappear after the set's been on for awhile.It's a replacement set after the first one broke and is noe 15 months old, thinking of getting the ahiachi plasma 42pd3000 as this is p****ings me off.

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could be a "Lens Striping"- some RP's suffer from this. My Tosh RP is very slightly pink to the right side..it's only just noticeable if you really look for it.

If it's not magnetic leakage effecting the image, then it's possible the red gun needs adjusting or it's on it's way out.

5. deckard

deckard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RP CRT sets are still vulnerable to stray magnetic fields, their image is still produced by an electron gun before it's reflected onto the screen and so magnetic fields are stilla concern.

There are some LCD and now DLP RP sets on the market but the bulk are still CRT.

6. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the first RP set I had was the PAnny model here. It went kapoot the day it came. Another was delivered and this packed in after 4 weeks or so. I then went to TOSH this lasted about 6 months and packed in. Now i have the Sony PX2. Its fantastic and the picture is much better than the other 2 makes. If I were you I would tell them you want another set mate. Also, Panny discontinued that model only a few moths after its release!!!!! mmmm strange eh

7. L.SKYWALKER

L.SKYWALKER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    The pink is still there after the set has been unplugged for 8 hours and I've moved all my speakers away from the set.However it doesn't seem as large and is going smaller!.I'm going to see what happens for the rest of the day and ring round on Monday.Anyway been in Kendals checking out the Plasma's this morning, we could have a new purchace on the cards.