Help needed

Jay

Banned
I purchased a vga cable for my elite today, I tried it on my tv and the screen went all funny, the colours are all weird.

At first I thought it could be the pc input on my tv but I've tried it on 3 tvs and I'm still getting the same thing.

The hdmi output is fine on the 360 (or seems fine).

So I'm assuming it's either the cable or the 360.

Unfortunately I don't have another 360 to test the cable on.

Is it likely that the 360 could have a problem with the output via vga or is it a case of if the gpu or anything was buggered it would be buggered on hdmi too.

Not sure whether to replace console or cable :confused:

edit:best way to describe colours is lack of red, so imagine adjusting the rgb of your panel and setting r to 0

shagaboopon

I would suggest the cable or pin that transfers the red component is broken on your cable m8, send it back. As far as I'm aware if it was a GPU fault the problem would more than likely occur through component too, perhaps not HDMI as its a digital signal though.

jason g

Distinguished Member
sorry to hijack your thread jay, i wanted to know if anyone knows how to alter my clock on my 360?
i tried to alter it as this is a new console i got but when i altered the clock it was ok but now its 1 hour behind, it says i can only alter the clock on the dashboard which i have now done but when its set as soon as i go back onto any list its still 1 hour behind. :confused:

any ideas?

Batch

Novice Member
does it revert to -1 hour if you're not connected to live?

shagaboopon

sorry to hijack your thread jay, i wanted to know if anyone knows how to alter my clock on my 360?
i tried to alter it as this is a new console i got but when i altered the clock it was ok but now its 1 hour behind, it says i can only alter the clock on the dashboard which i have now done but when its set as soon as i go back onto any list its still 1 hour behind. :confused:

any ideas?
Best guess would be your region settings are wrong, make sure its set to GMT and not CET (If there is even an option, not looked in there for a long time).

sam.i.am

Novice Member
On the cable is there a switch to switch it between TV and HDTV? Could be that that's in the wrong position?

jason g

Distinguished Member
does it revert to -1 hour if you're not connected to live?
no, what happens is, when i change it to the normal time on dashboard im still signed in, and when its done i look at the clock and its gone back to an hour behind again.:(

Best guess would be your region settings are wrong, make sure its set to GMT and not CET (If there is even an option, not looked in there for a long time).
i set it originally an hour less by accident, but it wont change back when i alter it.

weird.