Help needed!!!

albertramsbotto

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just been brough a Wharfedale DVDRHD400 DVD Recorder with 80Gb HDD.

I know, it was a birthday pressy:confused:

Anyway it doesnt have a freeview tuner with it, so i have got it plumbed through my single tuner freeview box. Now is there nay way that i can record one channel whilst watching another.

I dont mind buying another freeview box and trying to wire them both up or getting a dual tuner freeview box.

The instructions suggest that i can but i have to turn be to normal tv, which i have 3 channels. And also no where can i find in the timer where to set the channel of a program i want to record. This means that i have to have it set on the right channel when i program in a record schedule. Which is nuts becuase if i go on holiday i can only set the record scheduler up for one channel.

Any ideas

Now is there nay way that i can record one channel whilst watching another.
I dont mind buying another freeview box and trying to wire them both up or getting a dual tuner freeview box.

Yes...simple, just daisychain the Aerial/RF Leads like...
Aerial in to Freeview box aerial in.
Freeview box RF Out to DVDR Aerial in.
DVDR RF Out to TV Aerial in.
Scart from Freeview box to TV AV1
Scart from DVDR AV1 Out to TV AV2...I'm presuming your TV has 2 scart sockets.
Watch Freeview from Freeview box on TVs AV1 or analogue via TVs tuner.
Record different Freeview using DVDRs built-in Freeview and watch via TVs AV2.
A Freeview STB would be cheaper than a twin-tuner PVR.

Another freeview box will do what you want to do, the downside is that you will probably have to set the timer on the freeview box and on your DVD/HDD recorder to record each program. Also it will be recording via the scart socket so it will then re-encode the analogue signal with some loss in quality compared to a freeview PVR which records the digital signal as broadcast.

You could try and exchane it for a twin tuner freeview PVR if you have the receipt.

thanks guys

Just to clear things up my PVR doesnt have a freeview tuner and my tv only has one scart.

It looks like another freeview box then and another remote control

Cheers

Check the documentation of the freeview box. Both of mine (iPlayer+ and Philips) only output CVBS on the timers; that's a bigger deterioration than the Scart transfer (assuming a half-decent cable).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom