Help needed

Coldfox

Standard Member
Hi guys.

I currently have an xbox 360. I would like to purchase the VGA cable so that i am able to use it on my computer monitor (samsung syncmaster 193v).

basically what i am asking is, will i be able to run in HD modes, is so which ones? , and also will i have to purchase some new speakers to use for sound output. i currently have some headphones i use for my computer. but i think the connection is different so it will not fit the jack.

Mac User

Anything over 1280 x 720 (720 p) is HD.. Im sure your monitor can display over that

Coldfox

Standard Member
ok cheers, does anyone else use their computer monitor, and if you do how is your sound output setup.

Thanks

UglyChild uk

Novice Member
ok cheers, does anyone else use their computer monitor, and if you do how is your sound output setup.

Thanks
Untill recently I ran mine through my dell 2405fpw (great screen 1920x1200 capable component and vga connections and 24in. cant go wrong). For sound i had to run via optical cable to my cheapo creative 5.1 system.

Coldfox

Standard Member
Untill recently I ran mine through my dell 2405fpw (great screen 1920x1200 capable component and vga connections and 24in. cant go wrong). For sound i had to run via optical cable to my cheapo creative 5.1 system.
Alright cheers, did you have to buy the optical cable seperatly? thanks

UglyChild uk

Novice Member
Peronally i didnt as i had one lying around. but yes you would need to buy one unless you have one with your 5.1 already.

stu.artd

When I used my 360 with my Dell 2405 I used a less sophisticated method than an optical cable. I used the parts in the pic below to connect the tiwn RCA audio connectors from the 360 to the 3.5mm cable from my speakers.