Help Needed

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by psharrock, Aug 4, 2006.

1. psharrock

psharrock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am looking to renovate a house, and wish to add some home automation/monitoring / video distribution.

The house is a vacation home and is in the US so it will need to be reliable

I would like it to be able to control/monitor the following:-

Air Conditioning
    Temperature Sensors
    Whole House Electricity Usage
    Pool Controls (System uses Aqualink)
    PIR Sensors

anything else anyone can think of

I would also like to distribute:-

Sound & Video to approx 12 zones upto HD standard

The number of sources will be approx 5

Can anyone offer any advise on this, and what wiring to use and hardware to use, and which home automation software to use.

Thanks

Paul

2. IVB

IVB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do much of that and a whole lot not on your list, check my website below. One quick and most likely useless bit of info for you: I use CQC, and today is the last day for the current price of $315 full-system. Tomorrow it goes to $495, then once V2.0 comes out in 4 weeks it's $495 base/$895 full system.

It may sound expensive, but my rough estimates of using MainLobby plus HomeSeer to do the equivalent functionality was $1155 for ML plus $230 for HomeSeer.

I really don't think you'll physically be able to find a package that can match CQC, and if you can get in at either the $315 (today) or $495 price you're golden.