help needed

cboy

Banned
right where to begin...............
basically to cut a long story short, me and the misses were moving my 42" pwd7bk plasma because were decorating the bad bits in our front room because were moving shortly, still even had the handles on i might add, right as we were moving it and my shouting the odds at her she dropped her end and smashed the power button and the screen cracked :suicide: at that moment in time i couldda cried, so after an argument and me sitting in the bedroom for an hour to calm down i phoned the insurance company luckly i'm covered, now what panel r they likely to send me? since mine was isf calibrated and as far as im concernd it was the best pic quality ive seen so far, so what are they going to palm me off with?

cboy

Banned
and i have to pay £50- exess thats a load of [email protected]@x if ive ever heard it

D

DarrenB

I guess it depends on your policy wording and the insurer...if you are claiming under accidental damage they will probably do like-for-like replacement, if the model is no longer available then they may give you a cash settlement for a comparable replacement....less your excess of course!

maybe there is someone on here that works for a household insurer that could answer.......

JUS

They may also refer you to their preferred supplier...in which case they may try to fob you off with their equivilent...you may end up being offered better or worst...probably worse...you should be able to hold out for the money if you're not happy...that's what I did...I smashed a Sony...got offered a Tosh...refused and got the cash and bought a Leowe :D

cboy

Banned
my policy says new for old and i would love to take 50 quid off the misses but she would only take the money out of my wallet..:( so it looks like ive lost out big time then, i loved my panel to bits pardon the pun

Neil Davidson

AVForums Sponsor
What to go for will depend on your insurer and possibly your budget, but if you were happy with the PWD7 you are likely to be even more happy with a PWD8 - just remember how much better your old display looked after ISF calibration :smashin:

Neil

cboy

Banned
is the pwd9 out?

cboy

Banned
update on insurance ive got a px600cab on its way to me but i had to pay an upgrade fee but i think its the best in the long run

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom