1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AndyBlac, Dec 25, 2001.

1. AndyBlac

AndyBlac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just orderd online a Toshiba SD-900E DVD player, as i have herd that it is the best DVD player out at the momnet, i have a Toshiba 42" Widescreen RP TV. (42WH18B)

What is the best way to connect the two together ?.

I have herd that Component connection is better than RGB scart is this true, I am using a QED SQUART (RGB ONLY) at the moment to connect my RP tv to my Panasonic A7. While i wait for my Tosh to arive.

also, i have a Yamaha A2 Amp, is there a better amp availible, i know about the AX1 & AX2, but have been told that is not worth me upgrading to one of them is this true.

Thanks for any help.

AndyB

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well, stick with the A2 unless there is something terribly wrong with it (faulty etc.) or you need the latest decoding formats available - then perhaps the new Denon amps are worth a look at.
    AX2 is IMHO a step sideways and AX1 doesn't offer all the new decoding like Denon.

As for the connection stick with RGB via SCART or use component if the TV has a matching input but don't expect to see much (if any) difference.