1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ross82, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Ross82

Ross82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hiya folks, this is my first post on the board after looking over it for about 3 months now.

Ive had a pretty standard Data projector hooked up to my dvd via an S-VIDEO lead and i thought the picture was reasonable, however the resolution was VERY low....around 600x400.
    I was playing around last night and hooked up my laptop via XGA (i think, like i said im still a bit out of my depth)
    The resolution was running at 1024x720 and seemed astounding compared to the previous. I tried a dvd through it and even that seemed so much better (now im presuming more resolution = smaller pixels = less screen door etc)
    Now im on the hunt to recreate that quality through a DVD.
    My question being (sorry, i keep on)
    Can i find a DVD player that will play at Hi-Res such as the laptop, if so will there be a cable i can use as i only have XGA no DVI on th PJ or what other options may i have?
    Sorry for so many questions guys, like i said...i feel im slightly out of my depth here!!!
    Thanks in advance people.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The native resolution of DVD's is only 576 pixels vertically (480 on NTSC), so you'll have to wait for Hi-Def DVD's to arrive to do better.

3. Ross82

Ross82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks Nick, appreciate that, i will be turning to the HI DEF in the future, i just thought i could try and get the best out of what ive got.
    Is it just worth me running a dvd through the laptop and compromising without 5.1?