Help needed

crashcris

Distinguished Member
ps. Who cares whether it's the first time they've seen this "glitch". It's their "glitch" and therefore their problem.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
So it is a software problem so hard luck is that what ebay are saying?

teljess

The email is fake but the screen shot where it is saying that the buyer paid on June 3rd is ebays mistake and we was on the phone for over 5 hrs yesterday trying to get this sorted and at 9.30 last night the lady said that she was going to get in touch with the IT department because she has not seen anything llike this before which don’t help me

but I think that I am going to have to go down the small claims route

Goooner

Distinguished Member
If you’d suspected the email was fake, you would’ve gone to the main site, which you obviously did, and seen that it said it had been paid, so why wouldn’t you post it?

eBay are at fault in my opinion, for what it’s worth, and should refund you the money.

Thug

If you’d suspected the email was fake, you would’ve gone to the main site, which you obviously did, and seen that it said it had been paid, so why wouldn’t you post it?

eBay are at fault in my opinion, for what it’s worth, and should refund you the money.
Too late now, but i wouldn't post anything of value until it was in MY bank account (not just my PP account).

teljess

There you go you live you learn
I have spoken to citizens advice and they have talked me through what to do regarding small claims so that’s the route I am going to take

S2000 VTEC

There you go you live you learn
I have spoken to citizens advice and they have talked me through what to do regarding small claims so that’s the route I am going to take
Can I ask did you resolve this or get anywhere with it? I've got a similar issue albeit with a £100 item.

teljess

Now going through the motions with eBay and I keep getting their generic response CAB advise that I send them 2 letters to try and resolve this but I am not getting anywhere so the next stage is to go to small claims court

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Do you know how they got your email address to send the fake email to?

Those T&Cs at the bottom do read pretty badly - ebay wouldn't send something worded like that.

I wonder if that screenshot shows as 'buyer paid' due to something you pressed after you got the mail - i.e. did it say it before you marked it as sent? I guess it is not possible to know.

teljess

No idea how they got my email but the email really isn’t the problem it’s the fact that it says that the buyer had paid on the eBay mobile app that I use

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
No idea how they got my email but the email really isn’t the problem it’s the fact that it says that the buyer had paid on the eBay mobile app that I use

It just seems a big coincidence that the seller sent you a scam email saying they had paid and an eBay bug comes in that also says they have paid. It seems more likely that these are linked, and that your marking it as posted (did you?) also marks it as paid. Was your screenshot from before or after you sent the item?

teljess

Before I sent the item if eBay app had not said the buyer had paid then I wouldn’t have sent it

teljess

Ok I think I might be getting somewhere.
I had a long email from some called Laura whelan from ebay apologising for what happen and offering to give me a refund
The email address it was sent from is [email protected]

do you think this could be legit?

Last edited:

teljess

I wrote a long email to the ceo and this is the response that I got,I have just checked my eBay messages and the same response is in there as well so hopefully it is legit

teljess

just thought I would update this thread got a full refund from ebay today so that’s the last time I will use it and I’ll will close my account

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom