Help needed

henryabdn

Standard Member
Reaction score
1st-time user for sky box! just moved in a new home installed with a sky dish. Can't receive any programmes with the message saying "no sat signal is being received".:mad: the box works fine in my friend's home and the signal from setup dialogue of the box is strong (>60% always). Could please tell how to fix it? Do I need to reset LBN?:lease: How? I have a panasonic one. Many thanks!!!!

The dish is probably not pointing in the right direction. Or the LNB could be damaged. Or the cabling between the dish and the digibox could be damaged. It'll be one of those three - but without getting an installer in to check/repair/replace, it's difficult to say which.

Many thanks for the reply!!!:thumbsup:
But the signal from the connection seems strong (>60% all the time). Is the signal test function from the box useless?:confused:

Many thanks for the reply!!!:thumbsup:
But the signal from the connection seems strong (>60% all the time). Is the signal test function from the box useless?:confused:

The quality is the important figure

How can I check the quality though? how can I reset the LBN? :lease:

Quality should be displayed along with sig strength

Reset info

What can my do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fault'? | ukfree.tv - independent digital TV + switchover advice, since 2002

To display the signal strength and quality - select services then press 4 and 6

Incidentally it's a lnb (low noise block down converter)

If the dish need re-aligning select the sky digibox from here

http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/

Yes then the quality is ok (~50%) in a scale. Is it good?

I tried to follow the instruction to reset the LBN for my panasonic box but never got into the LBN screen. Do you press 4, 0, 1 at the same time or 1 by 1? :lease:

Yes then the quality is ok (~50%) in a scale. Is it good?

I tried to follow the instruction to reset the LBN for my panasonic box but never got into the LBN screen. Do you press 4, 0, 1 at the same time or 1 by 1? :lease:

My lowest quality is around 85% with most getting 100% suggests your dish needs tweaking. With figures like you will likely lose most channels in heavy rain.

just checked the network ID=013e:oops:. is it not the sky sat:nono:? needed to realign the dish then? what is the best DIY way? use signal meter?

Yeah, many thanks for help!!!

just found it actually points to hotbirds. wrong box:oops:. is there any hotbird box I can buy from ebay or other places?:lease:

Yeah, many thanks for help!!!

just found it actually points to hotbirds. wrong box:oops:. is there any hotbird box I can buy from ebay or other places?:lease:

More to the point, what do you want to watch?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom