1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by plasman2003, Nov 25, 2003.

1. plasman2003

plasman2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anyone could help,my friend is selling a jvc 42inch plasma monitor which is broke,when taking it to a small electical shop to find out what was wrong (before or if i buy it)the guy who worked there said it was a power fault and the part would cost £1000!could he be right or is this daylight robbery,also does anyone know what the problem coud be in detail. Thanks

2. Planet__

Planet__

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    That sounds like an expensive fuse to me!

No one on here is going to be able to tell you what's wrong with it in detail without looking at circuit diagrams, using a meter and/or scope, checking out the panel first, and while being famillar with the panel. Thinking, does this small electrical shop get many broken plasmas to fix? I'd doubt it.

The 1K repair bill could be true, or they could be sending it off to JVC to get them to fix for half the price and pocketing the rest!

Sorry, not being very constructive here!

Take it to an authorised repair centre to get a second opinion. You should find their details in the manual for the plasma.

3. plasman2003

plasman2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help