1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed! Yamaha Sub....

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Pompey_Lad, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Pompey_Lad

Pompey_Lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Yamaha sub YST-SW015 which is 1.5 years old. The first one I had stopped working and had to be set off to be repaired after 5 months. It came back working and has now suffered the same problem - it is completely dead. As it is self amplified I dont know why this keeps happening.

The unit comes with a 3 year warrenty from Yamaha. As this is a recurring problem, I am entitled to a new model or do I simply keep sending them back for repair.

Has anyone else suffered these problems or know of a solution?

Cheers.

2. sonic65

sonic65
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Pompey Lad
    Your query reminds of a problem I had with my Grundig Sky Box. Three times it went back with the same fault. The repair company agreed that if a fourth return became necessary they would replace it. It runs very hot so I am waiting for it to expire yet again. I have found that terms and conditions of warranties vary considerably so it is a question of reading the small print. Personally I would request a new replacement or a refund as you may be out of warranty if it fails again.
    Hope the above is of help.

sonic65