1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with using XBOX with monitor / tft and 5.1 sound

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by PrivatePile76, Oct 14, 2004.

1. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi everybody,

I need some advice on hooking my xbox up to initially a CRT monitor and also a cheap 5.1 surround setup....i.e. genius or creative labs. and also use of a TFT screen ultimately.

So firstly which VGA adaptor should I buy, I want to be able to use a CRT and a TFT screen and also be able to get true 5.1 from my box.

Secondly I would like a relatively cheap 5.1 setup that will work with this VGA adaptor.

There's lots of products out there, but I want to make sure it will all work together and I get true 5.1 sound......also I when I buy a TFT monitor what things do I need to look out for to ensure it works with my VGA adaptor.

all help will be massively appreciated.

thanks

Bob

2. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
  4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    for a TFT for gaming you want a fast response time around 12-16 ms if possible to reduce blurring etc some thing like this is going give far better results than cheapie low resoluion boxes.....http://www.av-sales.com/html/brite-view.html
    The £30 box can only output 2 very poor resoluionts and you stil need to buy an advanced AV kit to use either the MS official one is the best but you have to import it not available officially in Europe try www.lik-sang.com better option might be to go for a TFT/LCD monitor that will accept component video via D-sub (YPbPr) or has dedicated YPbPR inputs..... Whats your budget?

This seems ideal:http://www.dabs.com/uk/shopbybrand/dabsvalue/consumer_electronics/ProductView.htm?quicklinx=376S