Help needed with Tosh XS34... Please!

B

Bushwacked

Just got my hands on a Tosh XS34 but I have three questions / challenges...

1. I can't find the code for the remote to control my TV, it's an old Sony TV. Do you know if there are anyother codes out there, I've tried all the ones in the manual?

2. I've got the Sony VTX-D800 Freeview box, and have entered the two codes in the manual, 0030 doesn't work and the other does to a degree but not as expected as I can't change the channel using the "CHANNEL" keys. Is this normal? I don't want to have to lift the flap everytime I want to change my sat box channel.

3. The most concerning problem is that I can't get sound to play when I have recorded from the Freeview box to the HDD. I do get sound when I play a prerecorded DVD though. I'd appreciate some help as I just can't figure this one out...

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

Somehow leaving it overnight has cured the problem of there being no sound...

but still can't get the remote control of the tv or freeview to work as it says in the handbook.

This is not an answer to the thread but I cannot see where to start a new thread

I have recently purchased a Toshiba XS34 DVD recorder and am pleased with it but there is one annoying fault. The clock occasionally jumps forward half an hour so recording the wrong program. Toshiba blame the clock pulses sent out by the BBC and yet two other Toshiba machines which I have and are set to Just clock ON are not affected. Toshiba help desk has said to set Just clock to OFF but while this will cure the problem, it means that if I have a brief power cut, when the power comes back on, the time will not be reset automatically. I wonder if only particular machines are affected or whether the fault is generic with this model. Have any other members experienced this?

Alan Wood

Bushwacked,

I have the XS32 and the Sony box, and yes I get same as you. I have to lift the flap to set the channel on the Sony box (the up/down channel select doesn't work).

Alan,

I haven't seen this myself, but this was also an issue with the XS32. See this thread.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185246&highlight=xs32+clock
You don't live near Sutton Coldfield, do you?

Mark

Thanks for pointing me to the thread. The BBC one signal comes from the North West-I am probably 50 miles from Sutton Coldfield. The strange thing is that my other Toshiba recorders, the XS30 and the R1 are both receiving from the same transmitter as the XS34 and I have had no problems with the auto clock on those machines so it is something to do with the software/hardware of the XS32/XS34 which seem to be identical machines except the size of hard disk drive.

Alan Wood

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom