Help needed with Sony D800U & SE820

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by plaver, Aug 15, 2004.

1. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    People I need some help because I am totally confused, I have just brought a Sony VTX-D800 freeview box, I also have Sony SLV-SE820 VCR with Smart Engine,
    Other equipment
    Toshbia TV old 33 inch Dolby and Sony DVD and Sony AMP DB1080

I am trying to get the freeview box to commuicate with the VCR for recording,

If I have the following connections
    Freeview box connected to Line1 euro connection, I can only get sound through the TV, I have video play back. I can see a picture

If I connect the freeview to Line 2/3 I get sound through the AMP which is what I want not really why this happening, but I can't watch video playback, any ideas why?????

The instructions say to connect using Line 2/3, this is not much good if I can't watch Video playback.

I have tried everything to get the smart engine to communicate so that video programing is easier by using the EPG as you only supposed to select the program in EPG, the smart engine does the rest, or am not understanding how it works correctly.

One other thing I thought EPG was 14 days, I can only get 24 hours, my model details are as follows
    Software version V1.09.01 U
    Loader Version V1.08
    Hareware K-020 00B-03

Any help and advice would be much appreciated

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you asked the dealer who sold you the kit or Sony themselves?
    That would seem to be the logical first step.

3. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    plug the scart from the vcr on the freeview to the bottom scart on the video. then another scart from the top port on the video to the tv. also a scart from the freeview to the tv. then you need to link the freeview, vcr and tv seperately to the amp for sound.

when you goto the epg you can select the channel/programs you want to record but turn on the vcr and hold down the syncronise button (to the left of the display) which will tell the vcr to wait for the signal from the freeview. the smartlink doesnt work as the vcr isnt clever enough. trust me on this one i have asked sony.

my epg is 7 days

4. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Thanks for the info I will try it later to night, did the 7 epg happen over night or during an over the air up date

5. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the 7 day has only just come online this month but the feature was already there. just keep scrolling to the right in the epg and the times will keep going. i find it best on a bbc channel and give it time to load the info in. switching on and going straight to the epg will give some "no info available" messages but waiting a few secs will remove them

6. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    currently mine is software version 1.11.01u
    it was updated about 6 weeks ago. you just have to leave it on a bbc channel at the times the update is broadcast and it is done automatically. takes about 5 mins.

i dont know when the next update is being scheduled
    try here for info

http://www.npe.sony.co.uk/news.html

7. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Thanks for the info on the update,

Thanks to the rest of you for help, looks like I've sussed now, everything appears to working right