help needed with sony 33

John F

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have tried to record some footage from vhs onto my 33 however all a get is a blank screen. I am using the 3 audio leads from the front of the vcr to the camcorder. Can anyone help this is driving me nuts its the first time with any av in camcorder this has happenend. ty

Normally the AV ports on the front of a VCR are inputs only.
Try connecting via the scart output on the back of the VCR.

Mark.

MarkE19
Have tried front audios and scart output neither have worked gone through instructions carried them out and still nothing. Have you used yours and did it work
ty

I assume you are using a SCART adaptor to connect your camcorder leads to the SCART socket on the VCR. Note that the ones usually supplied with camcorders are input only (i.e. to go from camcoder to VCR). You need to get an adaptor that is wired for output (maplins sell them).

Do this and you should find all will be OK.

melliott1963
have tried a scart adaptor with input & output still no joy.

Are you putting the Camcorder into VCR mode?
In the normal mode a camcorder will only try to record through the lens & mic, but in VCR mode it takes the input from the AV socket.

Mark.

MarkE19
tried putting it in vcr mode have gone through the instructions in fine detail nothing is working for me a think the av in might not be enabled. ty for your help.

It is enabled on the 33.

Try connect audio first from anything like a cd player or hifi separate, you should hear the audio on the camera speaker if the volume on the 33 is up. I think the 33 should do this , although some systems need a video signal for the audio to work as well. Try this first, also the camera has to be in VTR mode, with AV-DV on, not in camera mode.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom