Help needed with setup

andysmok

Standard Member
I Have an Onkyo 608, connected to it i have PS3 via hdmi, Virgin media via hdmi and optical cable and also sonos via optical cable. the sonos is setup to work on tv/cd. All has been fine but i have just upgraded to a smart tv and have used the ARC function for returning sound from the tv to the AV. When i set the Onkyo up to work like this the sound from my sonos doesn't come through. if i switch the Onkyo setting for audio return off then my sonos music comes through. Is there any way i can set it up where i dont have to mess with setting when switching from one to the other?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Firstly, Virgin Media boxes do not need to use their optical audio output and can output discrete 5.1 Dolby Digital via HDMI.

Connect the Sonos to a different input not associated with the TV. For example, use the input you were previously using for the optical connection from the Virgin box rather than the input labelled TV.

Last edited:

andysmok

Standard Member
tanks for that, not sure what my reason was for using a optical and hdmi for tivo box! workes fine now thou so thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom