• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help needed with setup of Panansonic SA-HT 900

I am Dave

Standard Member
Hi

I have had this system getting on for approx 4yrs now and I don't think i have ever set it up right. I have got it connected to my xbox360 via optical cable (through digital in) and I have just started playing GTA4 but the sound on it is terrible. I have to turn the volume of the music down in game so that I can hear what is being said in the telephone conversations.

The room in which it is setup in is 4m square the speakers are in each corner with the center speaker in the front right corner by the tv. Anyone know how to set this up properly so i don't have to have it on and ear bursting volume to hear what is being said.

Thanks

Dave

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
make sure all the panasonic's speakers are the same volume,if you can adjust them.
make sure the 360 is set to "dolby digital 5.1" out.
also check that you havent picked some sort of effect on the panny,like theatre,hall,etc.
finally,go into the in-game audio options,and turn down the music,and turn up the speech,if it bothers you..
thats what the options are there for,not everyone has it set to default.
these are there for a purpose,and you need to use the more than likely.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom