1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with set up of DMR ES10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lizzybif, May 25, 2005.

1. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hello

I just got the Pansonic DMR ES10 DVD recorder and asked my nephew to install it for me.
    However, he's making a mess of it and doesn't seem to believe in reading the instructions book!!!
    He connected the RGB Scart from Freeview to the DVD Recorder (AV2) and then from the DVD recorder to the TV.
    When he did this there was only a picture on Ext 1!!!!
    In desperation I got him to put the Scart from Freeview to the TV and there is a brilliant picture on Ext 2 but I have a horrible picture on Ext 1 and when we tried recording it recorded a horrible picture on another channel!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE help me!!!
    Please make it simple as well! :smashin:

PS After about three hours thought we were getting somewhere as we used manual search to improve pictures. However, whenever we try to record from Freeview (Channel 5 of the TV) a message comes up saying 'Copying of this material is not allowed. Cannot record.'
    Does anyone know what is causing this?
    All the other channels can be recorded! :rolleyes:

2. Dave911

Dave911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I Have a DMR E85 but it does not really make any difference what type you have - I have it linked to a panny Sky box.
    To get it right you need to firstly sort out what sort of picture you want and what inputs your tv has on each scart, as you do not say what tv you have it is difficult for me to tell you exactly - but here goes anyway.
    My sony 32" widescreen has an RGB input on AV1 the rest are either composite or SVHS. To get the best from sky I connect my sky box to AV1 and set the output to RGB. I connect my DVD to AV2 and set the ouput to SVHS (this is available in the picture settings on the menu.
    The first thing to do is unplug the lot!! Then plug in you dvd into the AV input that you want to use. Once you have the picture right (see below for possible problems) then disconnect the dvd and plug in the feeview into the AV input you wish to use.
    Once you are satisfied that both products are setup correctly then connect them together with a scart lead.
    This is how I have my setup on mine:
    With a separate SCART lead I connect my sky box to my DVD to facilitate recording. You have to make sure that you use the correct outputs from your freeview box and your dvd recorder - there should be 2, one of them will be marked for use by a vcr/decoder - these are the ones that you connect each other with - if you use the others it cocks the whole thing up.
    The crappy picture you are getting sounds very much like you have the video output setting wrong on something probably the dvd and that you are probably outputting SVHS when your tele is set to something else - if this is the case you will get a very dark picture and intense colours.
    I have tried to make it as simple as possible, but to be honest unless you know what you are doing you can be going round in circles time after time.
    As for the stopping you recording bit - sounds like some sort of copy protection system - as I do not have freeview I cannot comment on this.

Hope this is some help
    Dave