1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with Seleco SVT150

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by darren_co, Sep 12, 2004.

1. darren_co

darren_co

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone please tell me how to get the test grid up on the Seleco SVT150, I have moved the switch to the on position but nothing is displayed.
    I have had this machine given to me it was very clean on the outside but is dirty on the inside. I have also tried to get hold of the manuals but without any luck. I have seen this CRT working prior to it being taken down but I am now having a major problem with the red CRT (the image does not seem to want to line up with green! Can anyone help.

2. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just press the '0' button on the remote controll twice so that the led displays PA2

John

BTW I have the installation manual for the seleco that explains how to do the convergence, I will try to pdf it and post it somewhere.

3. darren_co

darren_co

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I would be very grateful if you could help with the manual.

4. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try to get it scanned tonight.

John

5. malsat

malsat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    darren,
    i have also a manule,where are you based?
    i would like a reputable repairer in the north of england for my selco 150
    thanks malsat

6. darren_co

darren_co

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am Rochdale (Nr Mancherter), I would be grateful for any help with the manuals. John from JMPremier is also trying to help me with a manual.

7. svenezia

svenezia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Test Pattern switch you mention is in the center/bottom of the rear panel in the projector. The grid signal go through a two wire cable (but only one connected) from the center/top of the convergence board to the audio board, which is the one that carry the left scart connector. See that cable. The only IC involved in this is the ZNA 234 in the convergence board. Otherwise, you need the schematics, I think.
    I own all service information as service manual, shematics etc, but I´ve it in paper and I dont have an scanner, sorry.
    Have you tryed with an external grid generator?

8. darren_co

darren_co

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any luck with the manuals for me yet?

I have not got a fairly good picture but still need to fine tune it. I don't think I have done that bad when you take into account this is the 1st SVT150 that I have set up! :clap:

9. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've scanned it but need to upload it somewhere. its 56Meg zipped down to 12Meg.

John

10. malsat

malsat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
  11. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have uploaded it in 4 zip files of 1 meg each (they are jpeg images of the pages) on http://www.funfiles.ws/
    Let me know if they download ok and are useful.

John

ps. for tose of you looking for the manual you need to look for files uploaded on 16.09.2004 the files are called "seleco install manual part1/2/3/4"

12. darren_co

darren_co

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much John, the downloading was quick and easy and yes this information was very useful to me. :thumbsup:

13. Aeron

Aeron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've recently acquired a svt 150 but without the manual. I visited the link where JMPremier put the files but they are no longer on line. Is it possible that someone put the files online again ?

Thanks a lot.

Aeron

14. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Was this a pub projector in the past? I've been to plenty where the engineer didn't tighten the lens bolts after installation. The lenses get knocked in transit and you find that the convergence controls run out of adjustment before the image is properly aligned.

Best bet is to realign the red tube then reconverge. You'll need a 0A Hexdriver (like a long screwdriver with a socket on the end) and a crosshead screwdriver.

• open the pj case and fire up the test grid
    • reset the Red convergence controls to their centre clicks
    • align the centremost part of the red test grid with the same on green. Ignore all but the centre of the grid when doing this.
    • tighten the two hex bolts at the base of the lens and the two screws on top.
    • reconverge red to green.
    • close up.

Regards