1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed with second sky remote control

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Adam M, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi all.

I have fitted a secondary sky remote with one of those magic eye things in the bedroom of my house.

It had been working for weeks but now has stopped.

The remote still controls the normal tv functions (sony) as it did but will not change the sky channel anymore.

The only thing that has changed is I was forced to unplug the sky box downstairs from the mains then plug it in again.

I cannot figure it out. I have two of the magic eye kits, so I swapped over to the other one and again the remote works and the picture is there, but the sky channel will not change from another room.

Has anyone had this before, is it something simple that I haven't considered?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no expert but there's maybe a chance that by unplugging the box you have reset the secondary rf output. I believe this is what drives the magic eye and needs the rf output to be switched on in order for the magic eye to pass the signals to the box? You can switch the rf output on by going into the service menu? Not having the remote handy i think its the following buttons -

services, then 4,0,1,0 then select whcih should take you into the rf outputs amongst other settings?