Help needed with projector cooling

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gailantonio, Dec 28, 2011.

1. gailantonio

gailantonio
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,

I have just acquired an Acer H5360BD. I previously had an Optoma Hd600x.

I am concerned with the heat that the projector gives out as my cinema room is shared with a pet rabbit. the heat will result in a lot of moulting.

The projector will no doubt heat the room so does anyone have any thoughts re cooling ?

I have tried pedestal fans etc.

Would one of those laptop cooling pads help ?

Alternatively I have seen Air Conditioning units but they seem to be very expensive and have bad reviews.

How do you guys keep your cinema room cool ?

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    (I trust you won't be showing him Watership Down! :laugh:)

Cooling is a big problem, as fans (unless ducted to the outside) just push the air around.

As you say, air con is expensive.

It's also noisey!

Another problem with ducts to the outside, is that it lets the sound OUT, so you could upset the neighbours.

I'm luckily able to reach a compromise, because my Home Cinema Room is part of a custom built extension, which includes an air-conditioned snooker room.

So, we just open the connecting doors between films and let in some cool air! :smashin:

3. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,144
    The power consumption of the two projectors is identical - which means they will both throw out identical amount of heat into the room.

Did you have a problem with heat from the old projector?

The only way to remove heat from a room is to actually remove it from the room. Blowing it around will never help. So you'd either need an extractor fan or a decent split air conditioning unit.

4. WonkyEwok

WonkyEwok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    In case it helps, it might feel hot in the stream of air coming out of the projector, but from searching for the spec it's about 224 W. People are about 70W each (I think) when resting, and fan heaters are typically 1000 - 3000 W. So the Acer projector = 3 people sitting down, or 1/4 a small fan heater.