1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP needed with Panny TX32PK25

Discussion in 'TVs' started by John F, Aug 31, 2001.

1. John F

John F
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Bought this TV just over a week ago told shop after 2 days not happy with picture etc how do i stand getting a refund or an exchange (bought from digital direct). Its no better than my panny 50hz no 100hz switching etc. Please help digital direct say there is nothing they can do about it seems like i am suck with a exspensive useless tv.

2. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Under sale of goods act an item sold to you should be of merchantable quality. Obviously this term is subjective, however a tv like this should be expected to have a good picture! You dont specify exactly what the problems are, however the majority of online outlets will have an engineer attend to try to fix the problems, and if he cant fix them you would normally get an exchange or a refund. I think their 'like it or lump it' attitude is ludicrous. Oh and if they try and tell you your problem is with Panasonic and not them, theyre lying.<br />I suggest you talk to them again, and if still no joy seek the help of the Citizens Advice who deal with this sort of problem regularly. Also, if you paid by credit card I believe this might help your cause.<br />It just shows you though that a cheap price isnt everything. Having said that Ive had dealings with both Empire Direct and QED and found their after sales service in relation to faulty tv's exemplary, and they seem to have the cheapest prices.<br />Good luck, and DON'T be fobbed off! <br />PS. I had the PK25, but the picture was terrible. I got a refund from Empire within 10 days.

Steve.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve35 is absolutely right, get Trading Standards involved too(I doubt if this will help much with you're particular problem but if they get enough complaints about a particular company they might do something, this won't help you but you could save someone else the same agro)<br />If you are going to get your credit card company involved you'll get on better if you have an independant report stating the TV is faulty. THis will obviously cost but you should be able to get that back too.<br />I've had dealings with QED too and have also had no problems. Perhaps it might be a good idea to start some sort of register listing good and bad suppliers, going on peoples experiences?

4. Koosnaff

Koosnaff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In fact the Sale of Goods act was changed a few years ago in favour of the consumer and now states that the "Goods must be of SATISFACTORY quality". Therefore, if you are not satisfied that the item you purchase is doing its job properly, or to a standard you were led to believe that it would, you are entitled to send the equipment back as long as you do it "within a reasonable time" which seems to pan out to about 30 days on electrical goods.

Don't stand for any messing - DEMAND to deal with a manager directly, and if that fails, you can then go to Trading Standards.

You are the customer !!!

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John F, have you managed to get anywhere with this?