1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed with new projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jmadoyle, Jun 1, 2005.

1. jmadoyle

jmadoyle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just recieved my new sharp xvz91 dlp projector, all was fine for first 15 hours,
    then white broken lines appeared top left above the picture, i am using a 10m
    component lead from a pioneer 575a dvd player, i have attached a picture displaying the problem.

its my first projector and i have no ideas what it could be

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Doesn't look like a problem, looks like extra info such as subtitles or closed captions which normally are cropped from the picture but sometimes on some DVDs they can be visible. Do you have an "overscan" facility on your PJ which will effectively lets you do a slight "zoom" on the pic to get rid of such things...PJ :)

3. jmadoyle

jmadoyle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the swift reply

i will have a look to see if i have that facility on it,
    the thing is the same dvd film i played two days ago gave me no such problem,
    with all the same settings on both the dvd player and projector.

4. jmadoyle

jmadoyle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tried your suggestion, still there, its also visible on the screensaver for the dvd player,
    also tried different component leads to no avail,

5. marker

marker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the same problem with my epson tw10h, i just used my option to move the picture up slightly, never seen it since...

6. jw250

jw250

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I've seen this on more than one projector, including my own Sim2. As PJTX100 says, it looks exactly like the data (subs etc.) information stored on the disc, like teletext info that you can see on TVs sometimes when the broadcaster messes up. I don't know about the Sharp, but the "position" setting on my projector enabled me to shift the image up or down etc. to push the data stuff off the bottom (or top in your case) of the image. Think of it this way, on our regular TV's our Pal broadcast only displays 576 of the 625 that are broadcast - the difference being used for data, sometimes you can see it, near ad breaks etc. A projector is capable of showing those 'hidden' lines so I think its all in your setup - there should be some framing, shift or position options on the menu somewhere.

7. Geesus

Geesus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    I had this along the bottom, but only on certain discs - Oldboy for one - as has been mentioned, I just moved the image 'up' slightly and have had no trouble since.

Had it with Shrek at the top of the screen on my old TV too :D

8. jmadoyle

jmadoyle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for all the advice guys

this problem is still visible on the dvd logo screen before i put on a film, and another thing, it seems to only happen in progressive scan mode on the dvd player, i have tried it with another player is it is also there,

the thing is it has only occured in the last few hours of use, playing the same films as before.

once again, many thanks for all the replys